- Berkot’s Super Foods will accept any eligible manufacturer’s coupon (coupons distributed
through the mail, newspapers, or other physical forms of distribution) as long as it is not
- We only accept printable coupons (web coupons) that properly scan at the register.
- We do not accept printable coupons that are equal to or exceed 75% of the products value.
- It is an industry practice not to produce printable coupons for free product (this does not
include “Buy One Get One Free” coupons).
- We do not accept any printable coupon that appears to have been altered, or duplicated in any way.
- We only accept one coupon per item.
- If a manufacturer’s coupon should exceed the value of the product we do not give cash back.
- We only accept one manufacturer’s coupon per item, but we do accept a combination of a
manufacturer’s coupon and our own Berkot’s coupon up to the value of the product.
- We do not offer cash back if the coupons exceed the amount of the product.
- We do print both manufacturer’s coupons and our own coupons in our ads from time to time.
Our coupons will not have a scan bar and will have a 3 digit code somewhere on the coupon.
Any other coupons published in our ads will be manufacturer’s coupons.
Berkot Super Foods Printable Coupon Acceptance Store Policy
Berkot Super Foods accepts legitimate printable coupons that consumers receive via retailer and
manufacturer websites and email campaigns, through interactive advertising and promotions on web
publisher sites, and from legitimate online coupon sites. We recognize that our customers are
increasingly turning to the Internet to find coupons. In an effort to make using printable coupons
a positive experience, we have created these store policies and consumer guidelines to help
consumers and store personnel alike prevent the abuse of these promotions.
- Always scan properly at the register. Legitimate printable coupons are delivered using
special software designed to print a properly rendered barcode on the coupon. Berkot Super Foods
will only accept printable coupons if they scan properly at checkout.
- Will not be for “free” product. It is an industry practice not to produce printable
coupons for free product. Buy-one-get-one-free coupons and other values that have a purchase
requirement are acceptable. “Free product” coupons should always be pre-printed and sent via postal
mail or published in media, and printed double-sided and/or on security paper. Berkot Super Foods
will not accept “FREE product” printable coupons.
- Will not be for a high value relative to the cost of the item. For example, a $2 off coupon
will be acceptable for a product that normally sells for $5 or more, but a $2 off printable coupon
for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate. Berkot Super Foods will not accept
coupons for more than 75% of a product’s value.
- Usually have short expiration dates. Some coupons may have longer expiration dates, but most
expire 30-45 days after you print them. Berkot Super Foods receives information about valid printable
coupon expiration dates and may reject coupons that have altered expiration dates.
- Never appear on screen. All legitimate printable coupons are sent directly to the
printer after clicking on a link in your web browser or email. A legitimate coupon is never sent
as a graphic or PDF or sent in a Word document.
- Are never copied, sold or traded. Nearly all coupons are “non-transferable” meaning they
should not be photocopied or scanned and distributed to others. Coupons are never sold and
you should not pay for someone’s “time to clip” or other service fee. You should always print
the coupon yourself directly from the website or email that is offering it. Only then can
you ensure you are printing a legitimate coupon. Coupons may be rejected if they appear out
of proportion or blurry, or are obvious duplicates.
- Are nearly always printed using the same technology and therefore have a standard format, with
very specific security features, including a unique serial code. Coupons may be rejected if they
appear to have been altered in any way.
- Can be checked for validity at http://www.veri-fi.com.